2014年6月2日月曜日

Syllogism!!

 I wrote about the class in May 26th.

    First, I did not understand what is syllogisms at that time. I thought that the syllogism was a proper noun.
 A If the death penalty deterred murder, countries that used it would have fewer murders.
 B America uses the death penalty, but has many murders.
 C Therefore, the death penalty does not deter murder.

I  assumed that syllogism was to confirm that the connection of each sentence is good or not. However, my peer told me that syllogism meant "A is B, B is C. Therefore A is C", so to speak, deduction!! I think that it makes the essay or thesis clear. Even now I feel a little confused about verifying the syllogism, but I would like to write the essay with being conscious of it. Not, "would like to try writing...",
Keep going, just doing!!!!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿