2014年4月30日水曜日

What are trans fats anyway, and why are they so bad?

 In my opinion, to add some trans fat in processed food cannot be avoided. It is contained in frozen food. Frozen food is very useful when someone is too busy to cook. Therefore, a little amount of trans fat is OK, but we should avoid taking trans fat as much as we can. I was surprised that FDA Commissioner Margaret A. Hamburg stated that further reductions could save 7,000 lives each year. This sentence noticed me that trans fat is more dangerous than I had expected. 
 Trans fat is made by adding hydrogen to liquid oil, which turns it into a solid. It is cheap than animal fat like butter and lard. Artificial trans fats were invented in 1901 by the German chemist. But the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revealed that trans fat increases the risk of heart disease, including angina, heart attacks and other potentially fatal problems. To use artificial trans fat in the restaurant or shop was banned and the action to avoid using it  in the food products is spread. I think these things are so good for our health. Diets included little trans fat make us healthier or keep body's conditions. Food companies should continue to try reducing trans fat.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I did not know trans fat was contained in frozen food. I often see frozen food in my lunch box. I will try to cook my lunch with fresh food.

    返信削除